The Pass. The Judgement day of plates.

The Pass. The Judgement day of plates.
Bring the finished plates up to the pass for inspection.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Often, too many people are not aware of the lengthy time required to make a proper macaron from scratch. Although, macaron can be whipped up in just under 30 minutes or so if made by a skilled pastry chef. However, a proper macaron is sadly not a 30 minute recipe, nor is it an hour or two or three, or a full day. The proper macaron production time is actually a minimal of three to four days. Yup! Surprised? Betcha' didn't know that! Did ya~ Haha. I know I speak like I am an "know-it-all" for macarons, but really.. I'm just as surprised as you are right now when I found out this fact just a few days ago.

Lately I've been doing a lot of researching, and practice on the arts of macarons, and I've been obessed with it's traditional ways of production. Along with also knowing the differences between a French method and the Italian method, which both certainly bring forth a different texture, density and perhaps even a different range of shelf life.
In the past, I've been taught to make it the French method, hence the restaurant that I worked at was a French one, Auberge du Pommier. But I've come quick to learn about the Italian method and in the next 2 or 3 posts, I will sharing them with you what I've discovered about macarons!. And even perhaps.. a recipe or two =D

4 comments:

  1. i have been back from Paris where i took a short cooking class for macaron in Italian style (actually i didnt know that they use italian technique instead of french) :)
    Looking forward to reading your new entries

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cookingpractice - hey, i think you are the only dedicate reader I have on my page haha. I appreciate it, thanks! Partly my fault that I don't update so much. I make and work with desserts/pastries all day long, sometimes the last thing i want to do is write about it lol. But Yah, I am going to write a few part series about macarons! so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha~ i just asked for macarons recipe and here it is.. u are talkin about it.. omg~

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a very good space and all the recipes are so interesting:)

    ReplyDelete